Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

£350 to spend on a new bass head!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RealBK, Jan 7, 2003.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    I live in the U.K. and i have £350 to spend on a new head. No cab as yet that comes later. I was thinking about a Hartke 3500 but i have heard some bad things about this head. Anyone know of anygood secondhand deals going in the Bass Gallery or Basscentre in London?

2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I think a lot of people on this forum are very harsh when talking about hartke gear to be honest. of all the amps ive played, the ha3500 sounded the best for the music I play, and ok I had a small problem with the tube, but now thats fixed it simply is excellent value for money and a brilliant clear and transparent sound. Definitely worth considering over some overpriced amps I could mention...

But obviously this all depends on what music you play, and to an extent the cab(s) your using. be careful buying second hand amps, you can never be sure of its past!!

3. See if you can locate a Peavey Firebass 700 used. It's a monster of an amp for the money.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I second the HA3500, for the money its damn good. Its reliable, powerful, and extremely felxible (soundwise).

5. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Loads of used trace elliot stuff about - excellent value for money, try the following website for examples:

www.sospubs.co.uk - go to the readers ads section.

also http://www.musicalinstrumentsales.co.uk they'll be in the 'guitar amplification' section

and ebay of course, but I tend to find that the prices are **** on ebay here in the uk.

Don't forget your local loot/bargain pages on a friday!

6. DCman

DCman

Apr 7, 2002
    UK
  7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    What's important to you? Volume, tone, portability? Also, what are you planning to play this head through when you get it?

Wulf

alaskaleftybass likes this.