Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

~¤~Advice needed~¤~

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pmutch, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    I'm just staring to learn the bass and I don't wanna pay hundreds of dollars for an amp. So (in your alls own opinions) do u think it would be safe to get one off Ebay? Also, does anyone know any sites that have cheap, used amps. thnx

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Probably be better off getting something like a used, small Peavey locally. That way you can try it out before buying. There aren't many small amp bargains to be had on eBay, IMO.

Kim

3. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    the thing is I can't find any kind of amp so the internet is my only hope. Does Peavey sound good when played or is it all distorted. I want an amp thats cheap but yet packs a punch.

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    what about a headphone amp? that's the absolute best sound you'll get for cheap.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I have had a very good experience with the smaller peavey amps. The abng for the buck is up there. If oyu get an amp on ebay however, you will end up paying quite a bit in shipping!! What's your price range?

6. Ok,what you gotta do is go on www.musicansfreind.com and look for "Scratch and Dent" Specials,they got really good items for cheap prices*amps especially* and if you dont find anything there, go w/ the headphone or buy something under 100(under 30 watts)

-J:oops:

7. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    price range is from $0.00 to idk $75

8. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    price range is from $0.00 to idk $75

9. Pmutch

Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003