¨The Bass Place Anyone? (Not an AD)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I´m going to Phoenix this next july and I need to GAS out badly :)

so... i remember the last time i was there i bought my MIM Jazz at Bizarre Drums and Guitars Store... it was a good experience.

but i recall i saw an ad in the phone book about "The Bass Place" store for bassists!

so i looked for it on the net and found it... seems like a Bass Northwest kind of store...

so i want your opinion on it...

have you ever been to the Bass Place (not palace :)) in Phoenix AZ?

How are the prices?

what did you get?

did you have any problems with them?

i´m looking for amplifiers...

also... can anyone recomend me a good store in Phoenix?

see ya!
  2. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Never been there. But I bought a cabinet over the phone from them. They gave me a good deal and they were nice folks to deal with.
  3. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Sure, I've been to the Bass Place (used to be called Meridith Music, I believe), it's on Scottsdale Road most of the way out to Tempe where Scottsdale Road turns into Rural.

It's a great place to go and drool, but when it came time for me to lay my money down for my Rick, I ended up at Bizarre Guitar. Nothing against the Bass Place, Bizarre just happened to have exactly what I was looking for, when I was looking for it. I recommend both places highly! I also like M.E.E. on Thomas Road for smokin' deals on strings.

The big question is, why would anyone voluntarily come out here to Phoenix in the summer, when it's 110+ in the shade?

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    LOL :D

A)i have family there
    B)I will spend most time inside malls and music shops (with AC... No AC-No SHop) :)
    C)my car has AC

So... i guess i´ll be exposed to Arizona Heat for 5 minutes a day :D (and that´s alot! i have been there).

thanks for the comments.. i have been to BIzarre Guitars and drums, it´s a nice store... i´ll visit both Bass Place and bizarre (and maybe the GC)

see ya
  5. I've been to Bizarre, Bass Place and Musicians Electronics Exchange. All 3 are good places. The guy that owns Bizarre can be a jerk but they have good prices and selection. I like MEE the best because it rates real high in funky factor. You never know what you might find in there.
  6. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Bought my Stingray there last November. Nice store, with nice folks. Dennis owns the store, and will let you spend a lot of time trying out the basses. Fair selection of customs, and a good wall of Fenders. Poor string selection, IMO. Tough to deal with. Won't come down on prices, and won't come up on trade-ins. I bought there because they had the Stingray I wanted (fretless piezo) and I'm glad I did. Be sure to wear your oven mitts when you get in the car!! It will be like a blast furnace.
  7. Tell me about it. I just spent a few days last week at Yuma Proving Grounds and the lowest the high got to was 115. And to think I actually believed that it got a little toasty here in Hulaville.
  8. Slade N

Slade N sunn #91 AZ Bands #?

May 28, 2005
    bass place is no longer in scottsdale, they moved northwest to another area of the metro. they botched up a service order... i ordered a replacement preamp for my thumb, it hadnt come in months later so i dropped it off to have a entire refit to a bart system with almost two weeks to get it done and my contact # in case there was questions or issues. came to pick it up and nothing was done and the bart system wasnt even ordered...i live 4 hours away so i was pissed...the mec pre had shown up so they sold it to me very cheap so they took care of me in a way. i had bought a bass and other things from them with no issue or hassle. every time ive gone there theyve been friendly...bizarre is short on friendly but have had good selection when ive gone.