SOLD ‘63 Vintage RI Fender p-bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdeaux, Apr 24, 2018.

1. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier!

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    Price:
    Strings:
    F4D11AA5-FFD3-426D-A323-3C47DC62033A.jpeg Fender ‘63 RI w/ Aguilar Hot-P Pickup and Babicz bridge.
    Got bass directly from Fender a few years ago. Routed the pickup hole and original mint pickguard for a DarkStar / Bi-Sonic pickup. Didn’t like the sound, so I got the black pickguard and dropped in the Aguilar Hot-P pickup. Added the Babicz, which is awesome!! Also added the Dunlop straplocks. Will include Fender skb style case. Currently strung w Thomastik flats.
    No issues or dents on neck. Truss rod is fine. Straight neck. The body has some minor checking in the nitro finish. I’ve tried to capture that in the photos. You have to get close to see it, and in the right angle.
    PayPal only, NO TRADES PLEASE.
    Buyer pays shipping to lower 48 only please. Thanks for looking.
    FC6B6E2E-E896-4A54-AB6F-676C456842ED.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    come with the bridge cover?

does the bridge cover still fit with the Babicz installed?

3. bdeaux

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    I can see what I can dig up. I don’t think it will fit with the Babicz. I have a standard bridge and saddles I can throw in. Babicz is a direct drop in. No mods or drilling done.

4. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I was just curious since the holes were there. I view the Babicz as far superior bridge, and would not want the bent-plate original (if it were me buying ;))

5. bluesfordan

bluesfordan

Sep 3, 2009
    N.H.
    nice. what does it weigh?

6. bdeaux

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    I don’t know... it’s light.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022