TRADED ’96 Fender American Deluxe Jazz V - Sadowsky preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ukiah Bass, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    ’96 Fender American Deluxe Jazz V for sale or trade

Very good condition 1996 Fender American Deluxe Jazz V for sale or trade. Plays great – sounds great! Desired trade is a Fender American Precision bass, passive and four-string.

This is a “John Suhr” era bass. Olympic white (naturally colored by 25 years of existence) with pearloid pickguard. Weight is 9.1 lbs. The maple neck has graphite reinforcement. Pau Ferro fingerboard. 34” scale. Frets are in great condition. Neck is straight and strong. No ramping of the fingerboard at higher frets. Strings are Fender 8250-5M taper cores. I’ve tried all kinds of strings and these are my favorite on this bass.

The bass includes three upgrades:
    • Original single die-pole pickups replaced with Lindy Fralin pickups
    • Sadowsky active preamp with 4 knobs: volume, pickup blend, vintage tone control (VTC knob is push in/pull out for on-and-off control of using this as an active or passive bass), stacked bass and treble
    • Lightweight Gotoh tuning machines
    I no longer have the original pickups, preamp or tuning machines. Includes a hard-shell padded Fender case.

Reason for trade: I mostly play double bass. The trade is to have my only BG with the same 4-strings as DB to simplify doubling if that ever happens again.

Price: $1,550 as is / shipped CONUS. If traded, trader pays cost of shipping your bass to me, and vice versa via FedEx Ground (best for my area).

PM me with questions and/or to exchange photos/info on your P-bass. Thank you for looking!

Jazz01-body.JPG Jazz02-full-Shot.JPG Jazz03-backBody.JPG Jazz04-top-headstock.JPG Jazz05-headstock-front.JPG Jazz06-headstock-Back-truncated-serial-number.jpg Jazz07-neck-and-upperbout.JPG Jazz08-neck-and-lowerbout.JPG Jazz09-neck-side.JPG Jazz10-neck-back-truncated-serial-number.jpg Jazz11-neck-plate.JPG Jazz12-bass-in-case.JPG

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    USA
    Great era for Jazz basses IMO. Better than current iterations. Has some nice mojo and upgrades. Timing isn't right for me but will be great for someone. GLWTS.

Ukiah Bass likes this.
  3. PierreBass

PierreBass

May 26, 2021
    I pm’d you.