“Amazing” brand bass, anyone know more?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Declan Embury, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Hi all,

saw this “amazing” brand bass on Craigslist today, and thought it looked pretty neat. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to find information on them because their name is so generic.

does anyone have more information on the brand or could point me in the right direction?

thanks!
    AF3780BD-F6CD-42FA-836F-65067CD597F4.jpeg 0DCF26C3-6C13-4ED8-8563-09A4A95CCF65.jpeg

Qlanq likes this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That looks like a home brew bass with a home brew brand label.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the bass looks bad. It just doesn't look factory, or professional luthier, finished to me.

Clearer pics would help a lot. Any kind of serial number would help.

3. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    I’ll have to try to get some better pictures. That was my first thought too, though I was able to find another “amazing” branded picture online, so thought it might be a bigger deal.

A27661BB-E6FA-4BD3-A514-48AF97D8E6D2.jpeg

4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Those Schaller roller bridges are amazing. The grain looks amazing.
    The hole in the headstock is amazing! You can save a ton of cash hanging it on a towel hook instead of a $20 guitar hook. With the money you save in hangers you can buy yourself an amazing snack. Is it a good deal? Is it an amazing deal?

gg22 and Geri O like this.
  5. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:!!

6. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    it does look amazing, but I’d have to sell my “not so bad” brand bass to be able to afford it so it’s a big decision...

7. Amazing were some cool dudes back in the late '80s at NAMM. I only know them from the triangle shaped stuff in post #3. They took the basic shape and made a guitar, bass, violin, cello etc...

I remember liking the bass a lot. I haven't seen one ever in the wild. They had a decent sized booth so I assumed they were selling some. Then they just vanished.

Declan Embury and mikewalker like this.
  8. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    into the BERMUDA TRIANGLE, perhaps? :cautious:

TrustRod likes this.
  9. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

Should have been called "...ehh...so so"....

10. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Someone call Barry Manilow, he can get to the bottom of this.

11. Declan Embury

Declan Embury

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    thanks for the info, may have to go give it a try and see how it feels. I love the style of it, but have been it isn’t super cheap, so not worth buying just for the novelty