1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

“Bird” the movie & the Stingray bass!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by design, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Happy Days was grossly historically inacurate and unrealistic on so many levels. It was just fluff comedy entertainment, they didn’t bother because no watching would care. Plus a weekly TV show like that wouldn’t have the production budget to cover those sort of things. That they would have had an outfit like Flash Cadillac on says a lot. They were a neo-Sha-na-na parody of the real thing themselves, a caricature.

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    My pet peeve is bad regional accents, like the kid on the bus telling Forrest “you can’t sit here”. He sounds like a down east yankee, not an LA native.

design and Spectrum like this.
  3. I saw a clip from Hunt for Red October on youtube and a Russian poster noted how bad Sean Connery's Russian was. Which is probably true, but the film was made for English-speaking audiences and so any Russian at all sounds way better than just faking it.

I love how in movies all Romans have British accents, as well as all Imperial officers in Star Wars, while the Stormtrooper rank and file all have American accents.

design and fhm555 like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021