1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

“The Genius of the Beatles on Guitar” according to Mike Pachelli

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OldDog52, Mar 16, 2018.

1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    www.mikepachelli.com

This guy Mike Pachelli has released a series of YouTube videos that dig pretty deep into the guitar playing of Harrison, Lennon, and McCartney. Although The Beatles are often dismissed as mediocre musicians (including by me), the videos give me a greater appreciation for how good they were.

The videos are kind of long but if you've never really analyzed the guitar work of The Beatles, they're quite informative. Pachelli has many other videos analyzing specific songs by The Beatles and other musicians.

Pachelli’s enthusiasm is kind of contagious. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    GregC and BassFishingInAmerica like this.
  2. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Apparently this is not as interesting as discussing people who make random noises while playing! :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    BassFishingInAmerica likes this.
  3. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    I never doubted their genius. The first automobile was pretty crappy by today's standards. That changed the world, too.

OldDog52 likes this.
  4. Jim Kernan

Jim Kernan

Sep 25, 2008
    NEPA
    It's the long video thing. I'm not interested in the random noise thread.

OldDog52 likes this.
  5. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    The subjects of music, playing music, or actual musicians aren’t as popular as gear and nonsense here.

For greater response, I’d recommend a creating a post about naming a gig bag or a multi-option poll to determine which Norwegian Death Metal Band has the best bass player. Those threads will never end! :laugh:

OldDog52 likes this.