1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

0/2 today.. I'm striking out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HardTech, Oct 14, 2006.

1. I had a private lesson from 12pm - 1pm and an audition from 3pm - ?? today

I call up the band for whom I'm auditioning to confirm that the audition was still on. Apparently, they cancelled it earlier in the week and conveniently forgot to tell me. I was really looking forward to it too

no biggie.. I'll just go to my private lesson. I hop on the train and walk about 4 blocks to get to his place, only to find out that he's not answering his phone. Our lessons were usually at 3pm, but he wanted to change it to 12pm starting today. I arrive at 12pm ON THE DOT and wait for 10 minutes, calling him every 2 minutes or so. I think he was asleep.

so yeah... I was really looking forward to this weekend, and it has been nothing but a disappointment

2. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    i know how you feel. i hope for a band practice and gig every weekend, or at least every other one, and i get 1 practice every 3 months and at the most 1 show every year. i also hate it when people don't answer/have their phones even though they KNOW they should be expecting a call. it's just such a stupid thing to do- if you're expecting a call, have your phone.

3. Probably, but that's not a very professional way to make money. I decided to drop him right then and there, since the majority of our lessons were him teaching me a blues line while he starts soloing. I can do that at home.

4. my saxaphone teacher forgot about our lesson today too