Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'00 Musicman Sterling w/ hard case

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by alexssandro, Jun 11, 2001.

1. I'm thinking of selling my Musicman Sterling. For the exact picture of what this bass looks like, check out this link:

http://www.ernieball.com/musicman/basses/sterling/index.html

It's the same bass with a maple fingerboard (as pictured). The specs are listed in the link.

I bought the bass last June from GC straight from the warehouse so it was untouched when I got it. It is currently in excellent condition. There isn't a single ding! There's one pair of tiny scratches along the side of the body, between the bolts where you attach your strap. But they're so small that you would probably only find them if you are really looking for them.

The only real sign that it's a used instrument instead of brand new is the plastic pickup casing. There are some fingernail scratches from playing over the pickup. Also, there is a groove on the plastic part of pickup, right where the pickup and the E-string meet by the bridge. That's because I always rested my thumb in that spot on the E-string, so over time, my nail gradually sunk into the plastic.

But other than that, it is passable as brand new. You wouldn't even be able to tell it was used if you saw it hanging in a store.

This description is 100% honest and I am not about to jeopardize my TB reputation by making any false claims whatsoever.

I'm offering the Sterling with the Musicman hardshell case for $900. Anyone interested or have any questions, please send me a private message.

2. After looking into it more and talking to some people, I decided that I will lower my price to $800, but buyer pays for shipping. Shipping can be done at a very reasonable cost.