Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

007: Goldeneye for Nintendo 64

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Anyone else love that Jazz jingle that plays while you are in the elevator on the Caverns level?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I generally switch the music off :oops: , maybe I should listen to it.......

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I like all the goldeneye music, but being that it's on an inferior cartridge format, the songs are all fairly short and repetitive, but there were some interesting ideas in some of them. If I remember correctly, I *really* liked that elevator theme too, and would often spend a couple extra minutes in the elevator before I started my missions.

4. It may have been a cartrige, but the game was way ahead of its time, and a great overall game.

5. That game just about sums up my junior high years.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A bunch of goldeneye midi files

They aren't exact replicas, there is a lot of embellishment and weirdness compared to the original game music, but it might jog your memory.

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I trashed heads with the automatic shotgun.

*thread hijack*

Anyone played the new 007? The name eludes me, it's 3rd person though. Single player is hella fun, multiplayer's fun as well, though you can't really go head to head. The co-op mode's fun, but it doesn't touch the innovation of Goldeneye.

8. I'm afraid it will be a good game, but not original goldeneye material and the whole world (including me) will judge it as so.

9. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I dig the gran turismo menu music.

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Off-Topic
    When does Gran Turismo 4 come out?

Back On Topic
    I was always a RCP90 guy myself, that or proximity mines.

11. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    It was fun, but it was a completely different kind of game. Not a buy game in my opinion, but a good rental.

*2nd thread hijack*

Who else likes the balloon fight music?

P.S. My weapon of choice was always the PP7, the perfect balance of feel, difficulty and style.

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I am a double cougar mag guy myself... I hate mines and rockets and grenades cause it makes the game laggy... The RCP-90sx2 is pretty sex too...

13. ok...um....anyways...

i was still working on the original nintendo when the N64 came out. My friends only invited me over to play because they needed "target practice" i couldn't even figure out how to aim the darn guns, much less pay attention to the music!

14. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    man GOLDEN EYE ROCKED!!!! The best game that came out on N64 period, and the best console shooter thjat i ever played. (with perfect dark in 2nd) I was a big fan of the power weapons, RCP90 and Magnum... I used to rmemeber playing facility with power weapons, NOBODY could ever beat me, even like 3 on 1. gosh I'd buy an N64 in a heartbeat just to play that game again....but I dont play video games anymore :crying: sadness. Weren't the moon rakers the lamest shiznizzle ever???

Shotgun rocked too! (but not auto)

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Moonrakers suck...

And the knives sucked.

They could have done without:

Grenade/Rocket Launchers

silver pp7

Moonraker

Tazer Boy

Bunker level 2. and Statue. eew.

16. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    grenade launcher was cool, but it was cooler in the worl is not enough (or whichever one it was) it was like the terminator 2 grenade launcher type thing :p Bunker 2 suked... I don't remember Statue... Jungle was hard, Snow was fun. there was one that was outside where you have to find the fat guy or soemthing. that one was hard too.

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ya know, in Goldeneye, I beat every single mission on the hardest difficulty within the target time, I unlocked every cheat. EXCEPT....

The 2nd stage, the facility, man, I spent so long trying to get that one, I think I got within 2 seconds of the target time once, but I never actually achieved it. oh well.

Now, are we going to get back to talking about the music in the game, or do I have to send this to Off Topic?

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Send it to recording gear/equip so petebass actually has something to do.

19. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Has anyone played Timesplitters 2? It's by the same guys (different studio, but same fellows) who did Goldeneye.

The single player may as well be non-existant, it's really just the means with which you unlock the multiplayer options.

Multiplayer is insane though, incredible framerate. My roommate and I often play with just remote mines and rocket launchers. The room could be covered with mines and they'd all go off without even a hint of slowdown. Intense game with freaky as all hell characters.

I don't remember the jazz jingle on the elevator.