02 American Jazz Deluxe pups?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Apr 1, 2005.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    If it's true that the samarium cobalt noisless pickups were not introduced on the Jazz Deluxe QMT until last year, what's on the 2002 model that has "noisless" written in script on the bottom right corner of the pups?
  2. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I am 100% sure that the samarium cobalt noiseless pups were just introduced. I think the same type of pickups were in previous models but just made by a different manufacturer , and give you the same options with treble bass etc. etc. but they werent produced with the Metal "Cobalt" which are in the newer models hense the word "cobalt" and as a I mentioned before different manufacturer. Cobalt is some sort of metal they are using thats supposed to be realy strong and long lasting and some other jazz , but i dont know much about them ...so ..yea

3. At the risk of repeating what was said before, the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups were just recently introduced (2004, maybe?). Before that, they were just the "Noiseless" pickups, with that printed in gold script on the pickups. Even before that, they were the 4-pole John Suhr hum-cancelling pickups. I don't know what the tonal difference between the newest SCN pickups and the Noiseless pickups is, but I always thought the Noiseless ones were pretty good to begin with.