1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'04/05 MIA Fender Precision Neck ... Loaded !!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tjh, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    This Made in USA Fender Precision neck is heel stamped Sept 18, 2004 ... with a serial # of Z4164XXX ... it is in very good condition, with a nice dark rosewood board ... frets look real good, tuners are nice and tight and very smooth ... neck is perfectly straight unloaded, and truss rod turns in both directions . There are two very small edge dings that I can find on the headstock, one at the very tip, and one adjacent to the serial # on the back edge ... this bass was a regular player, and since I got it about 18 months ago it lived in its case until I took it out when I felt the urge .. it never left the house ...

This FULLY LOADED American neck is from a VERY LIGHT Highway 1 P bass .. the loaded neck weighs 2.46 lbs. on a very accurate butchers style digital scale ... the back of the neck is flawless, with a very nice satinesque type finish ... the neck plate and the original screws are included with this neck, to assure a nice secure fit ...

I have a couple pics of the bass assembled, but hope to have a few more detailed in the next couple of days ... PM an email if you would like to see them, or if you have questions ... BTW, the body that this came off of is available and posted also ... fully assembled, and waiting for strings, this lil' fella only weighed 7.83 ACCURATE pounds ... $249 Shipped to lower 48

2. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    Hola,I need to replace a neck that has a mad twist above the 12th fret. If I recall,these weren't overly "clubby",like some of the older P bass necks...correct?
    If so,and you'll accept a postal money order,I may be interested in taking this off your hands. Let me know. Thanks.

3. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hola back!! ... this is not clubby at all, in fact it is actually thinner (frt to back) than one of the jazz necks I have ... I only have a dial caliper, not a digital, but it is coming up .80 behind the first and fifth frets, .83 behind the 7th fret, .86 behind the 9th, and .885 behind the 11th ... all those from widest point of neck (skunk stripe) to widest point (center) of 9.5 radius board ... 1 5/8" wide at the nut .. I sent you a PM as well ...

4. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Pending ...

5. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. and sold, thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.