1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'04/5 MIA Fender 3TSB Hwy 1 Precision Loaded Body ... VERY Light!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tjh, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    This USA Fender P-bass body is completely stock, and fully loaded ... it has been played, but still looks very good for the thin finish that comes on these, it is not beat ... this body is a very special cut of alder, FULLY LOADED it only weighs 5.37 lbs. on my very accurate butchers type scale. In fact, the neck I have listed elsewhere only weighed 2.46 lbs loaded, so this entire bass was 7.83 lbs before strings ...

I hope to get a few more pics taken of this in the next day or two, PM an email if you would like to see them or have questions ..

Stamp in the neck cavity of this American Fender body is Jan 11, 2005 .... I am the second owner, I have had it about a year and a half, and it never left my house, I play Jazz's, but when I saw this one, and how light it was, I had to buy it ... $269 shipped to the lower 48

2. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Love to see some pics of it... I'm looking for a lightweight body...

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Harold, send me your email again ... I have some from a distance that will give you an idea ... I tried to post on here but it says they are too large ... and I am too old, and stubborn to learn what I should about computers to do it a different way :)

4. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    PM'd

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    More PM's and questions answered ... ride up

6. ddbassGA

ddbassGA Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Post pics?

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I am not able to post, it keeps coming back that they are too large ... I should have some more taken here shortly, and if you send me an email addy, I will forward .. thanks

8. Use Imageshack.com.

9. ddbassGA

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Or Photobucket.

10. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. or, if you are an old coot computer putz like me, you can simply ask folks politely to supply an email and you can foward them the dozen+ pictures that you just took, along with an explanation of each .. just as if you were showing it to them ... :)

Thanks for the suggestion though, I actually tried to do Photobucket at one point, and they said I had an acct, but I never got it to work right ...

11. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Hey there. I uploaded the pics to my photobucket...

Here are the pics
    000_0304.
    000_0305.
    000_0306.
    000_0307.
    000_0309.
    000_0310.
    000_0312.
    000_0313.
    000_0315.
    000_0316.
    000_0317.
    000_0318.
    000_0319.
    000_0320.
    000_0321.

12. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Harold ... very nice of you, amazing how simple that looks when you know what you are doing ... thank you ... I just noticed what looks like a scratch in that last pic from the point of the p/g by the jack towards the bridge ... its not a scratch, there is nothing there .. must have been a contribution from my little furry helper that you can see glimpses of next to the body on the table ... also, the tort guard was just set over the white guard for pics, so you can see the white showing through ... thanks again, Harold ... I owe ya one :)

13. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    as to an inquiry ... yes, it does have the vintage bridge with THREADED SADDLES ... and yes, my camera leaves a little to be desired, as does my picture taking skills ...

14. ddbassGA

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I thought the pics were excellent.

15. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    PM'd.

16. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    and paypal payment sent for it......

17. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... and thank you all for your interest ...

... she is moving up in the world, among one of the finest collections that I have ever seen ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.