1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '06 Fender American Series Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Here's a chance to benefit from my indecision. I just received this in a trade and I was thinking that it'd be nice to have a passive J bass. The thing is, I find that I like the passive sound of my P bass better.
    So here's a really nice '06 American Series Jazz Bass (basically the same as an American Standard before they started calling 'em that) in excellent condition, with an aftermarket tortoise shell pickguard, the original white one, a Road Runner soft/hard case and a new set of Dunlop Nickel .045-.105 roundwounds. The are a few minor dings in the finish, most of which are pictured, but a couple were too slight to capture in a photo and they're just the typical marks you'll see in a bass that's been played for 3 years. It weighs 9.5lbs and balances perfectly on a strap. It has great playing action and sounds great (just not as great as my P bass ;) ).

$750 shipped SOLD

The only specific trades (+/- cash) I have in mind would be a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody or Zon Sonus 4, but feel free to run others by me. I'm all set for amps and speakers.

I can take more detailed photos if you have specific requests.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Bump

3. engage757

engage757 Banned

interested in a natural USA G&L L2000?

4. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I don't know, I've never had one. I PM'd some questions.

5. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    The bass you have is passive with the S1 switch on the volume pot. Unless someone put a battery with the pickups and it is hid under the pickguard or chrome plate with the controls. If it hasn't been modified, you have a passive bass. So I don't really understand what your looking for unless you just like a split pickup better than a jazz pickup?

Nice bass, if I didn't already have 4 jazz basses I'd be interested. :hyper:

6. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Yes, I'm well aware that it's passive and like I said in the original post, I found that for passive sounds I like my P Bass better. I do like the sound of this bass better through an external preamp I have, but I can't afford to experiment with different preamps and pickups in this bass right now.

In some cases, I do like a split pickup better than a Jazz pickup. Sometimes it's the opposite. Different strokes and all...I have a couple of favorite basses and like a lot of us here I like to try others when I can. I had an opportunity to try this one and took it in trade, but in this case I've decided not to hang onto it.
    I mentioned in the OP that I'd be interested in a Lakland Hollowbody or a Zon 4, but I'll just see what comes along. Sometimes a journey is fun without a planned destination...

7. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price dropped to $750 before it goes up for auction elsewhere.

8. Bjamin

Bjamin

Jul 31, 2008
    Have you gotten rid of the bass yet. I'm very interested.

9. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
  10. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I can only offer up a trade?? 1998 Fender Precision USA. No money at this time, too many bass & amp deals over the last month.

11. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm really happy with the P Bass I've already got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.