1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

08 Fender jazz or Skyline Jo CS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toneman, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I have a super sweet 08 jazz real light weight, great player and looker. Someone is offering me a Skyline Jo with the chi-sonic pickups which seem to sound fuller and rounder than stock jazz pickups. Do I go through the trouble of selling my Fender which is a real good bass to get the Skyline? No need for two jazz basses because I'm a P guy at heart. Normally I wouldn't even consider doing that but these chi-sonic pickup sound like the jazz bass from heaven. I try to link the audio clip.

http://www.lakland.com/ac_j-sonic.htm

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    The CS pickups are GREAT!

I have a JO with the CHIs and one without....the CSs are "beefier" and much stronger sounding...and you can (IMO) get a better P type sound out of them than the std J pickups....

I KNOW you be VERY happy with the quality and playability of the JO in the long haul....

long way of saying - go for it!!!

than you can "hang" with the rest of us in the LOG thread as well (added bonus!)

3. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    I absolutely LOVE the Chisonics. My experience is with the DJ, but it will still KILL, not to mention the absolute FANTASTIC neck that it's sure to have (it's PLEKTASTIC!!). You know you want to join all the cool kids in the LOG ;)

4. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    :meh: I wish you guys weren't telling me how good it is although deep down I know your right. It's just that I'd have to sell my 08 american standard fender jazz which is such a nice bass to raise the $. I wish I new about the Jo CS before I bought the fender.

5. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    It's OK, the first step down the road to recovery is admitting your mistakes, lol.

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I have a Skyline Decade and I love the Chi's--I also really dig them in a JO (I've played a couple). It sounds like you'll be happier with the tone as well (as long as you don't want a really zingy sound), and I can vouch for the Skyline JOs as quality instruments. But only you can really answer whether you can afford to make the switch or not.