1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '09 Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rocinante_x1, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Well, I've finally made my decision. She's going.
    Absolutely NO trades please. I'm already up to my eyeballs in basses which is why im selling most of my gear.

I've got a brand new, All original mint condition 2009 Jetglo Ric 4003 with a fresh professional set up done the right way. This one's got the thinner 2 piece neck which plays and feels a lot faster, It's pretty light. Only about 8 1/2lbs. It's got the push/pull pot circuit for vintage 4001 sound. I've installed a Trebel Pickup bezel on it to hide the nasty pickup route, but this can be removed with ease and it requires no modification. It comes with its original hardshell case (the new extremely nice Molded SKB type ones), the case candy, a strap with straplock ends attached, and the trebel pickup bezel.

This bass feels very nice in comparison to the other Rickenbackers I've owned. Its lighter, a bit thinner, and the neck is much faster. It sounds more clear and deep in both the highs and lows. Very growly mids, and the action was set to the perfect height with just a tiny bit of buzz for a snarly sound. The pickup height was also adjusted and volume is even between both pickups. The fretboard is BEAUTIFUL. Lots of nice swirls and patterns in it. Gloss coat on the body and neck is perfect and shiny. I've played this bass maybe a total of 2 hours total. I bought it when I was in Iraq, and I haven't played it very much since I got home due to being busy with work. I just got married and I could really use money more than I could use a bass, so I'm selling most (NOT ALL) of my gear to make things a lot easier in the future for my new wife and I.
    I could also throw in a stereo cable and the custom Rick-o-sound box that I made. It works remarkably.
    I'd like to get $1600 shipped as I'm strapped for cash but i'm open to offers.

Here are some pics. Let me know if you'd like any more specific shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Sold Pending Payment......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.