Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

+1 +1 +1 . . . Ever go away . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jondog, Mar 12, 2006.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Have you ever spent time away from a computer and/or TB, like a weekend or so, and then when you come back and get caught up on threads that you're interested in, you see that each time you would have contributed some advice or a description of X somebody else has already posted the same thing you would've said if you had been participating in the thread as it unfolded in real time?

2. +1

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    What I do is I post in threads that I'm interested in, then when I come back each time I search my username to follow up, since I never remember what I've posted where. :)

How did I get here you ask? Well that's a story for another day. :smug:

4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I was just going to post this, but I was gone and you beat me to it.:)

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    No.

I need to take breaks from TB.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I still say what I was going to say even if someone else said it. I add a wee bit more to it so it looks like I am actually adding something.

To avoid getting behind at TB, sign up for the e-mail alerts to your cell phone when someone posts in a thread you do.

-Mike

7. I hate when people just post +1. Like I'm going to say oh look, fnderbassplayr778 agrees, that's good to know. Add some content at least.

First person to quote this and post +1 gets a zillion witty points.

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Man...you just kinda squashed the fun...I'm taking my toys home now.

9. +1

10. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    OMG but like why? You're like 450 away from like 10,000 posts! ROFL!
    :D
    -Alex

11. Bah. 10000 is just a number.

A number I can't seem to reach....:(

Rock on
    Eric

12. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Don't worry, it's just the internet.
    -Alex

13. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    TB wastes so much of my time, always checking that Stupid SX thread...just to see if someone has said the Stingray copies are out.

I'll be smart and donate one of these days..I think I convinced my brother to do it for me, as he's just gotten in $55 for letting someone use his account in Diablo 2 (What?!)...but then the money went back into some trading forums. Man, he made more by doing that than I did working for 6 hours...

14. Yeah. The internet. Nothing important there. Just my one contact with civilization. Just my one chance for happiness and a normal life. Just the place where I can try and vent my frustrations. Just the place where I feel welcomed. NOTHING THERE AT ALL!!!

Uh, what were we talking about?

Rock on
    Eric