1/2 volume

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Stumpy, Apr 3, 2005.

1. I am not sure that this goes here (mods-if not please put it where it belongs)....

This morning I put a new 9v battery into my TRB5 and went to rehearsal. The first hour was fine. Then the volume shut down to a whisper. I tapped (not so lightly) on the back of the bass and the sound came back. Several of these incidents later and the sound did not come back.

This is the first issue TRB5.

I am not sure where to get the battery compartment, or one that will work with the bass. I love this bass and its tones.

2. River Gambler

River Gambler

Feb 10, 2005
    Sounds like a short. When this happens to me the first thing I check is the battery conection clip to make shure it fits tight if that is ok I open the control and battery cavity, plug the guitar into my rig, turn the voluume down low on the amp, and start checking all conections by jiggling the wires or tapping with a plastic probe. This almost allways finds the problem. Tom

3. Thank you for writing...

The clips are not that tight. I tried to raise them a bit so that they would tighten up ... and still the issue.

I will check for shorts later today.

Thank you.

Now if the battery compartment is hosed (can't get the connections to the battery snug) what do I do then? get a replacement from where?
  4. River Gambler

River Gambler

Feb 10, 2005
    Rat shak or any electronics supply store will carry them. Tom