Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1/2 (yes, 1/2) scale P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Keef, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Keef

Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    Does anyone else remember these? They were real, working basses, about the same length as from your elbow to your fingertips. Valley Arts music (in L.A.) used to have 'em back in the 80's – I'd love to find one now. I believe they also had a les paul or strat as well.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Brand name? Anything? Bueller?

~ Keef

•

2. Keef

Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    Now that I think of it, Eddie Van Halen and Michael Anthony might have used them in the Van Halen video for "Little Guitars" – not sure though, haven't seen that video since it was new.

3. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I've got a seafoam green p-bass that's really small. I have no clue about it's history, but it fits your description. I've been told it's called a "P-bass Jr." - mine might be from the 80's or 70's (it's pretty beat). you can kinda see it in the "family" pic on my website.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I remember them. I'm thinking they were made by Bradley but maybe that's wrong. I kinda wish I'd bought one just for fun, but I probably wouldn't play it much.

5. Keef

Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    Thanks, folks!

Jean, that little bass in your photo looks exactly like the ones I remember – except the ones I saw were definitely not Fenders.

Fuzzbass, I just did a Google search for "Bradley Bass" and came up empty-handed. :crying:

unity bass, that Samick is pretty cool!

~ Keef

•