SOLD 1/21 PRICE DROP - Ibanez BTB33 Volo 5 String E to C 33" Scale-Bartolinis

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by slap2much, Dec 1, 2017.

1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Price:
    $575
    Strings:
    PRICE DROP 1/21/18 - Now $575 plus shipping.

I've really had a great time with this bass, the 33" scale and E up to C stringing have been great for my creativity and a perfect fit physically & ergonomically. Because of this I'm in the process of moving more toward 33" basses and lucked into a custom made fiver which is an upgrade over this one. It's not as comfortable to play, and in many ways doesn't 'fit and feel' as good as this one...but I don't play five strings often enough to have two that are so similar. So off she goes.

In really clean condition, can't find a blemish on it and haven't put any player wear on it really. The pickups are nice and articulate, the 3 band EQ with mid selector does its job well. Easy and full access to all 24 frets. The neck profile is amazing, feels almost like a 4 banger up on the first few frets but somehow you don't get crowded, and string spacing at the bridge (inset and isolated string to string) spreads out to 17.5mm (again, feels more spacious somehow). I removed the ramp as I never could get used to them but will reinstall or just ship with the bass, your choice. Also I took the truss rod cover (double rods) off for quicker adjusting & will also replace/include.

$650 $599 $575 plus shipping, prefer to keep this domestic since I can't remove the neck and the box will be correspondingly big. Might consider Canada if the dimensions allow. I will pack well but can enclose in a no-name gig bag for an additional $20 if you like. Comes with some fairly new nickel rounds, $30 more will get you a set of almost new TI flats with a TI 'C' up top even (I will sell separately if buyer doesn't want them). Pics follow. I can take additional close ups, etc. on request. PM with inquiries. Thanks TB.

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. Plutonium244

Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I have one of these, purchased about 2 months ago, and really like it. I've been playing it more than my others. Great for melodic and chordal playing which, as you said, is great for stimulating my creativity. Tone is very nice in all ranges. I've had people tell me they like the tone better than my Sadowsky metro which surprised me. No tonal sacrifice with the 33" scale, either-- feels great. GLWTS.

slap2much likes this.
  3. CryingBass

CryingBass Just a Fool Whose Intentions are Good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Have one too and like it. Great bass at a great price. GLWTS

Plutonium244 and slap2much like this.
  4. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    pending payment Still available.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Plutonium244 likes this.
  5. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Hello, I just recently purchased a 33 inch scale bass myself, Amd I’m looking for a back up. Have you strung This particular instrument low B –high G?

6. Plutonium244

Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Played another gig with my BTB33 last night. The 33" E-C is much more than a novelty; playing it in a "traditional" role, it sounds great, as well as getting fayuncy with the chordal aspects of the extra high string. The Bart pick ups sound good. I like the electronics-- tone control is bass-mid-treble, with a three-way switch that controls the center frequency for the mid. I personally am liking the ramp even though heretofore I'd never used one. Works well for this bass. I have a number of supposedly "better" basses but this is the one I am playing as a #1 right now. Haven't always been a fan of Ibanez but this seems, and is, different. Finally-- I understand that this model is being discontinued, so they will be hard to get in the future. A keeper. GLWTS, send me my cut via paypal lol.

coo68ley and slap2much like this.
  7. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Can you use regular scale 34" strings on it without the body of the string wrapping around the post?

slap2much likes this.
  8. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    The full diameter wound portion of the low E just meets the post but doesn’t wrap around...here’s a closeup;

5791A2C3-CD57-44E5-966F-293C7BAE1ED9.jpeg

9. darqmatter

darqmatter Franco Luong

Nov 12, 2012
    Reston, VA
    BTBs are pretty under-rated. This is a superb buy for some lucky person.

slap2much and Plutonium244 like this.