1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1 3/4 in. high gloss P bass neck-MIK 1980s squier

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a korean made squier bullet neck.

Overall its really not in bad shape for an 1987 , it has some rash around the head, a few small marks on the back of the neck , some clear n the bottom edge of the head chipped away but if your not super anal its nothing bothersome, its something i would expect at its age.Frets are in awesome shape , G tuner is slightly bent and all are tarnished looking from heavy use. The plate is stamped E7 , 1987 and was light wear.

The great thing is its very , very close in feel to a MIJ 62 reissue P bass i had, the wide shallow 1 3/4 nut width is one of my favs, i bought this to build a 62 reissue project around but i need some money for band funds.

I owned a 62 USA reissue and this is close in overall dimension feel but the finish is leaning more towards the MIJ's feel.

Not many squiers out there have this nut width.

[DEL]145$[/DEL] 130$ shipped

012-20.

013-13.

marks
    014-11.
    015-9.

016-9.

017-10.

018-8.

i got a text
    019-7.

020-6.

2. tttt

3. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I see a box of Fat Tire, yummy! The can't get that beer out here bump is yours.

4. Good eye :)

Btw i have been reading up on squiers , the serial number E was used for japan made squiers and fenders , this has a E serial number and was made right after they stopped making the squiers in japan . Is this possibly japan made leftover stock? possibly

oh here is what these look like originally , this one is just like mine was when it was together
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/squier-1980s-mik-bullet-p-bass-rare-mint-775966/

5. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    Heel dimensions? :)

6. ttt

heel at widest part 2 7/16 just under 2.5

narrowest part 2 3/8

Basically a smudge under fender neck pocket specs , makes sense as its suppose to fit in a 2.5 pocket

7. this has been sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.