1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1/4" Female to Male Speaker Cable??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chadwickw, May 19, 2011.

  1. Chadwickw

    Chadwickw Supporting Member

    Jan 8, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Hi anyone know where I can find one of these? I'm trying to power the speaker on a combo with a different head and think this would be an ideal way to do it. Anyone know a retailer who keeps these in stock?

  2. most big names should carry them. I know they make alot for headphone extensions....so imagine they make them as an instrument cable...

    What do you need it for?
  3. Bassamatic

    Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

    Yes - it is a 1/4" extension cable. Make sure it is for speakers, though. If it is for headphones or guitars the wire inside will be too tiny to handle any power.

    You can also find a female/female adapter that joins two standard 1/4" cables together.
  4. uhdinator


    Apr 20, 2010
    Most of the female/female barrels I have found are for line level or lower type signals. I would just make a cable or cut the end off a normal 12 ga cable and put a female jack on one end.
  5. Hi.

    I have personally never seen a factory made one, just home brewn ones.

    Just buy a barrell type jack and solder it onto a speaker cable if You're in a hurry. 2 regular jacks in a box :))) in the style of a Speakon FF adapter would be heaps better though, the connections inside those barrell or extension jacks are tiny and it's not a matter of if, but when they will fail.

  6. Chadwickw

    Chadwickw Supporting Member

    Jan 8, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks for the input all!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.