1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1/4" for speakon

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by green cm, May 10, 2015.

1. green cm

green cm

May 4, 2015
    VA
    Hey guys, I'm fairly handy, but don't feel completely confident on how to swap this. I'm sure it's super easy, just wanted some advice/confirmation.

I bought an 810 with a single 1/4" jack. I just bought :Jack Plate Dual w/ Speakon and 1/4" Jacks - Product Details

Is it as simple as splitting the existing wire into the two new inputs?

do they need to piggy back?

I feel confident I can do the work, just need to know what wires go where. Sorry if this has been posted before, couldn't find it...

Thanks!

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Connect the jack and speakon in parallel. On the ¼" jack, the tip connects to +1 the sleeve to -1.

Sometimes people use sealed ¼" jacks to prevent an air leak. Alternatively, you can seal the back of the plate.

3. Phono cable??? I don't think so!! It's a Speakon to 1/4" Phone jack. If you need a cable like this it would be better to retrofit an NL4 speakon socket instead of the 1/4" jack. Especially on something like an 8x10.