Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1/4 pound seymour duncans

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by joshsmog, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Hey, I ordered a seymour duncan 1/4 lb P and J pickup and i was wondering if their gonna fit and work for my current rig.

Their going into a oscar and schmidt(by washburn) bass that isnt real expensive but i love how it plays and the low action and everything and it sounds alright, anyways... that bass going into a SWR SM-400 then into 2 yorkville 1x15's. I play Metallica, RATM, Iron maiden and some other random stuff.

So would these pickups fit in? are they made for this kinda stuff?

2. bump--1-12-102-12=12-12=-

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    1. You really, really should've checked about these before you, you know, ordered them and all.
    2. Yes, you're lucky, they will probably do just fine. They've got a ridiculous amount of output and a LOT of bass, but they're not very clear. Something akin to rolling thunder. Not too appropriate for RATM, but the rest, definitely.

Once again, do a LITTLE bit of background checking before you buy. It only makes sense.

EDIT: I'm also going to point you towards SMASH's big thread about jazz style pickups, where he does in fact review the quarter-pounder jazz. Also the search function, because these pickups have been discussed NUMEROUS times, www.harmony-central.com 's bass section where they have pickup reviews by manufacturer, AND the www.bgra.net (Bass Gear Review Archive) section dedicated specifically to pickups. Have a look around, acquaint yourself, and find your information.

4. whoa man, rolling thunder eh :) sounds great, I never could get a good ratm tone anyway. thanks!