1 410 vs 2- 210's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I'm almost certain that this has been discussed in another thread, but I can't find it. If anyone can point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

I'm considering getting 2 210's in lieu of 1 410 cab. Specifically Epi UL series. Will this suffice or will there be a big diference? I'm thinking 2 8 ohm 210's (run parallel) as compared to one 4 ohm 410.

2. go for the 2 2x10 beacuse it will be ALOT more portablethan just one 4x10 and you can just use one 2x10 for small gigs and practice and then throw the other 2x10 on top to up the power and speaker cone surface it will be alot better than just one 4x10
  3. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I'm with fenderman. You'll pay a premium for the 2 x 210's, but your back will thank you for it in the long run. Weight is probably not quite as much of an issue with the Epi UL's (even their 410 is pretty light) but you'll still appreciate the savings, and if you go with a heavier cab, the difference will be huge.

FWIW, weight and flexibility were the two main drivers of my own decision to get two Shroeder 1210's rather than one of his bigger box cabs.
  4. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    That's pretty much the big idea. Portability AND flexibility. You dont need All four speakers all the time... so why not get em separate?
  5. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD

I readlly need to look more into those Schroder cabs. I think I like them, but the Epi line has delivered for me on so many ocassions.... Brand loyalty, ya know? Two 1210's huh? I'll look into it.

Honey, get the bank on the phone. I'm gonna need to dip into the retirement fund again.... ;)
  6. Yep. Especially with me, I drive an '85 monte carlo ss, there is no room whatsoever in the backseat for a 4x10, but I could def fit a few 2x10 back there.
  7. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    If portability is the priority then 2 2x10s. I used 1 to 4 2x10s at a time for ten years. One 4x10 is more than 2 2x10s. More tone umph snap you name it. I always felt like the 2 2 2x10s were missing something. When I got 2 4x10s well whoa. But one is more than 2 2x10s. It may have to do with cabinet volume.