1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1:53AM

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Jun 11, 2007.

1. And I need to be up at 5:00am for work...

Should I just stay up, or crash for a few hours?

2. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Get a couple of hours sleep. You'll hate yourself tomorrow, if you don't...

Love,

The Voice of Experience

3. Roland777

Roland777

Jun 1, 2006
    Sweden
    What do you work with? If it's labourintensive and you can still sleep, I'd say go to bed. If you however can not sleep, you're better off up. I've had instances where I've tried sleeping before work, only got 2 hours of good sleep, and got up a walking zombie.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Drink a beer and see what happens :ninja:

5. I'm a level 5 "Service Delivery Manager" under the guise of a level 3 know nothing which, in my organisation, means I basically smash my head against a political wall of "sexy projects" to never get any processes improved or Customers and Stakeholders satisfied :)

I do get to stump "technicians" and "developers" telling me "you just can't do that technically/developmentally" until I tell them how often through diagrams, maps, and examples of code...then ask why again. Thats what I love about my job actually haha :D

And Maki, I'll vomit. Beer just touching my lips/tongue makes me feel ill. Someone at work once said try home brew, it's the preservatives. Can't stand the taste. And I'm an Aussie, shame shame shame :scowl:

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    That my friend explains the root of all your problems. :rollno:

7. hahaha it could be true, having a beer around the house would probably loosen you up a bit to deal with any marital problems.

I don't really believe in drinking much myself but it seems to work for millions to help them relax.

8. OI!!!! I drink spirits!!!! Just not beer!!!!

And loosening up just ain't an option ATM, I'm also ditching a 10 year tetrahyracannabinol addiction too ;)

But bed is. I'll see you boys 2moro. Might even have a surprise for some of you too...

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    In my opinion THC is not addictive. I've been with it for over 20 years. I should know. ;)

10. Well then I am psychologically weak because I have had all the niggling wants at my usual smoke times like after a meal, after the kids go to bed etc.

It's not been easy but given the hammering my wife (she HAS to quit through health reasons, finally!) has been giving me, and my discipline in not putting her through a wall despite my anget rising as a result of not being addicted to the stuff!

11. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Can't you just go on a walkabout or something? Isn't that what you call it in your neighborhood? :ninja: :bag: ;)

12. No. Walkabout is a settler term.

When the native man left to take care of personal business and just didn't bother coming back to work, settler would ask boss "where's he?"

"Gone walkabout".

Settlers also surveyed more than the land, part the reason we have so many problems with the "forgotten" generation today.

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    one word - coffee.
    Or two words - Irish coffee! (not sure if that's a local term or not, but it's coffee with a bit of whiskey, I think)

Going to sleep now will only make you groggier come work time

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021