Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1.5s reaction, 6.(x) seconds, 216 mph

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, May 22, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    fastest run of the weekend doen in NJ at the Old Bridge Town Raceway track by a Mustang, Pro class.

I want to take my car bracket racing, but I can't seem to find a track here in MA or close by in VT/NH. closest one seems to be Epping.

Watching the 12 second cars, then the 10's, the 8's and down to the 6's is a great way to spend a weekend.

http://www.etownraceway.com/ <--- Track I went to.

2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That's where a friend of mine races. Actually, I think he was out there this weekend.

3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    It's fun and can be addictive. (and expensive)

His reaction time needs work. 1.5 seconds is taking a dirt nap at the tree. Perfect would be .000 (or at some tracks .500)

For a track near you, check www.nhra.com or www.ihra.com

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I could be remembering it wrong, but I think that's what the announcer said.

It does look addictive.

Sadly, there seem to be no tracks in my area. NY and NH are not too far though.

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, it was a good time.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've run Raceway Park! (I'm about an hour south these days). I had a lot of friends with money but no balls wanting to prove what their money bought them. Best I hit was low 11s

I lost my nerve somewhere around 92-93... my stomach twists a little just watching now :meh:

My Old man use to build & run with Frank Iaconio as a young punk.

7. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool James! I'm dying to try my car (in bracket racing anyway). It was the ford weekend this time, so it was 90% Mustangs.

8. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    What were you running?

9. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Check out Lebanon Valley in NY (Albany area).
    http://www.dragway.com/

May be closer to you than Epping, depending what part of Mass you're in.

Unfortunately, Lebanon Valley is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from me or I'd offer to meet you there. :(

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    A Satellite (of all things) with a blown 340... not sure the details, it was a lifetime ago. The kid spent a lot of money. The thing wasn't streetable in the least... it had 2 speeds, off and "Holy Crap"

had wheel tube and the works. Next time I'm at my folk's place, I'll have to see if I can track down a photo or 2.

it was like this but red
    [​IMG]

11. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, thanks Mike, that's near my brother too. He'd be up for it. I'm in western MA, Greenfield.

12. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Do you guys know if those little computer things that you put in your car to measure 1/4 time, etc. actually work? I'm very skeptical.

13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sweet Satellite! Was it a '73 or '74? I'm a huge Mopar fan and would love to see those pics James!

On the RT, .500 is perfect for brackets and .400 on a Pro tree.

14. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Some newer Compulink timing systems (that NHRA seems to like) use .000 for a perfect rt. They no longer time it from the last yellow, they time it from the green itself.