Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1 rackspace EQ´s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 21, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I´d like a simple 1U EQ. Preferably with knobs to turn (not graphic).
    Any reasonably priced natural sounding ones out there?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. I had the Rane PE17 parametric and found it to be very flexible. And usable for this old dog. I needed sliders for visual cues, so I sold it and bought a Rane GE30 instead.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The TC Electronics 1140 EQ/preamp (four bands, fully parametric) is an excellent device. I'm not sure if it's still in production though.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany

it is

http://www.tcelectronic.com/default.asp?id=995

6. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    I know that some TBers don't like Behringer gear very much, but I'd suggest the Behringer PEQ2200, 5 fully parametric bands and seperate low-/highcut filters which seem very usefull to me (adjusting to the sonic range of the cabs = saving power and protecting speakers).

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Check out the Raven Labs True Blue EQ. It's about a 1/3 rack space and is a semi parametric 5 band eq.

8. Are there 1 space EQs that have footswitches? I think that would be nifty.

9. What are you looking to footswitch? EQ on/off?? Switch between two different EQs? I don't know of many that exist...just the boss stomp pedal (which is cheesy)

10. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've been using the Ashly parametric. The PQX-571 which is a 7 band single space unit. It's probably overkill for most bass rigs but it's the upper mid-line for pro audio. Not bad pricing online.:bassist:

11. Either would be nice

12. While on the topic of EQs... where would one hook an EQ up to their rig???

~Zentner

13. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I have mine between the preamp and the power amp. Not too sure about integrated heads though.

14. I'm sure at the beggining of the effects loop would work. But if you're dealing with situations where you need that much EQing, then you should consider a prepower setup anyways.

15. oook... would a...
    preamp out work??
    an effects loop??

~Zentner

16. If your amp has those in/outs you could send the pre signal to the EQ and send that to the power section.

17. But how to send that to the power section????

Do i get to start drilling holes in my amp??muahahaha

Really though, is there a jack that i can plug my pre-out into ???

Maybe some info would better help you shape your answer... I have an SWR750x

Thanx
    ~Zentner

(P.S> Yes, i am completely retarted when it comes to this kind of thing)

18. Ah, in that case it won't work. You need a pre-out and power-in

19. Crap...

hey.. if you spell CRAP backwards, it spells PARC.
    I'm goona make a bass EQ, called a PARC EQ, and it'll fit (magically) with only an effects loop and pre-out.

Thanks for the info!

~Zentner

20. Just curious... what's the advantage to having a pre-out then? Just to hook another power amp to it?

~Zentner