Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1 space left Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joetiii, Feb 24, 2006.

1. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    So now that I sold my BBE Sonic Maximizer, I have 1u empty in my rack.

I think I'm looking for either a wireless unit, or something else.

What should I consider for wireless?

Any other effects?

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I know a guy that put in a drawer for his accessories. I hear they ain't cheap though. Cheaper than a wireless, unless you need one.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  4. :D :D :D
    However, I think I'll pass on paying 40 bucks for nothing.

To topic poster: I'd suggest a rack tuner of some sort.

5. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Wireless may not be necessary. Just put a black panel above your amp so it'll allow space so your amp stays cooler or at least till you find something worth spending your money on to put in it's place.
    Don't know what sound levels you're at, but maybe add a DBX 160 compressor. When we used to play loud, louder than we are now, I used it at 2:1 to 3:1, just a little to tighten things up and save my speakers.

6. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Power Conditioner?

7. Aren't you the guy that wanted to buy my Eden? Congrats on the Boogie, btw. That's a good amp.
    Sorry for being off topic.

Peace,
    Drake

8. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    I suppose I should have put in more info in the first post.

My 2 space rack has a Soundtech 800 watt amp and a new to me Bmax t. (sorry Drake, that Eden was real tempting). I usually haul this to practice along with my Aguilar 112 since its only 25 llbs

My three space rack has an Art power conditioner, and a Korg tuner. Since the BBe has a compressor and sonic maximizer built in, I sold the 482 thus the one space. I usually haul this to gigs.

the Parliamentary Fuzzaholic Gonkulator sounds pretty cool. Any other suggestions?

9. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    A drawer would be handy, but 1 space is not a very efficient use of your dollars as they tend to be pricey (for a drawer), imo.

I'd save up and get a wireless. I have an AKG and I love it, but Sennheiser's and the top shelf Samson's are good, too...I'm not a big fan of Nady's, though. Just make sure you have UHF, dual diversity, and frequency replication down to 30-35 Hz or so (if you play more than a 4 string)

10. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    Which AKG have you got?

11. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    This cracked me up, I thought it was some strange rackmount effect like a cheap rackmount envelope filter (don't see many of those).

I'd get a wireless for the spot especially if you're looking to get one anyway.

12. If I ever have like 200 bucks or so to spare, I'm going to fill an 8 space rack up with red and black Digilogic Dynamicators, Algorithmic Prosecutors, and Palindrometers. Not for any real purpose, other than having it on stage next to the soundguy, facing the audience. Maybe a Furman rack light at the top, and have him tweak stuff everynow and then. :D

13. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have the AKG WMSDV40 Guitar Bug wireless system... great little unit. I've been 30 yards away from the receiver with no dropouts, reproduces my low B pretty well, and the dual diversity doesn't interfere with my guitarist's or Pastor's wireless units

14. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    I have a Shure ULXS14 wireless. Never had a dropout or interference of any kind for 3 years. The freedom is well worth it.:)

15. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    Is the AKG a 1u size....looks bigger in the pic.

16. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes...1u in size, but it's half the rack width, so you'll need to find another piece of gear or a blank panel. I have my BOSS VF-1 multi effects unit on the other side.