1-Space Power amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by surf-bass, Aug 10, 2000.

1. surf-bass

May 3, 2000
    Anybody out there have any opinions on the few 1-space power amps on the market? I am trying to put together a rig with my Ampeg SVR-212 cabinet. It has a 3 space rack on top- one for the pre-amp (most likely an Ampeg SVP-Pro), one for cooling, leaving one for the power amp. I've heard mixed reviews of Peavey's DECAs and DPCs, and know of few others- Stewart is the only other I can think of. Any help is appreciated.
  2. Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Why a space for cooling really? Just use a full size QSC PLX amp it has a fan. If you insist on having a little guy, how bout an ADA amp.

3. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I'll agree, you won't need an extra space for cooling. Most amps have a built in fan and vent out the back or sides. They usually draw air in from the front. Don't limit yourself to single space amps.
  4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I've owned a 1-space Stewart PA-1000 for 4 years now and can't say enough good things about it. It has plenty of power for any bass rig application, the low end is very clear and unrestricted, and it weighs 11 lbs. I agree with the other posters about not really needing the rack space for cooling. I didn't have such an open space when I used the stewart (I'm using the Aguilar DB 728 now) and it doesn't have a fan. It got pretty warm though.