Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1 Time Only

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Piezoman, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I am wondering what are the best strings to play hard rock on.
    I have a few gigs coming up. I am not at all concerned with the life of the strings, I just want to know which would sound best for that 1 show. The $ is not much of a factor in this.

Any suggestions?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    there is no best :meh:

there is only personal preference.

You say hard rock.... I'd say you need to be a little more specific. Plus the bass and rig are important to how the strings will sound, so if you could mention that too It would help.

That said.... My favorite string is "D'Addario XL Half-Rounds" for all around use. Little thump, very expressive, strong fundimentals with a bit more harmonic content then other flat/ground wounds I've tried.... but I like SIT PowerFlats for extra dark and thump... and D'addario Pro Steels for bright crunch zing.

3. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I use an Ibanez EDA905, with a Workingmans 40004 w/ Workingmans 4x10.

I dont know what to classify our music as, but you can listen and decide for yourself.

Myspace.com/abnormalsensation

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    very Tool... cool stuff.

If I needed to sit in at your gig.... I'd either go with the Pro Steels or maybe some SIT Power Steels