1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1 years old

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by wishforbass, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    When I'm writing this ,it will be exactly one years that I start play bass itself (3 months were theory ).
    In this one year a lot of things happen ,from leavening music school to getting nominated in 2 subject .

First I think I should update .
    I left music school because the pressure I got and the toxicity of the school .
    The way I got treated and I got pushed .
    Later I watched a movie called whiplash and I found how close my teacher was to the teacher on movie .
    After leaving music school ,I got kicked out by my band.but it didn't stop me . Because I had two band I want sad .
    I could go with another .but after few days I got a call from a teacher from school that he is making a music band from his top student (he teaches guitar) ,and invited me join his band .
    And I liked the idea so I joined the band and after few weeks practice we did a live performance and that happen got a lot of good feedback specially my playing style and the bassline I made .
    The practice with my own band and with the new band lead me have a lot of practice myself and kind of becoming happy that the previous band kicked me .
    Few days ago ,the announcement for music fest came out .
    In the paper they announced the nomination (its like Grammy but with different rule and it's much smaller than Grammy ).
    And I was super surprised because my name was on welcome artist nomination(it's subject for artist who are new to music) and in the end of list my name was in best live performance band (it's for band but because the band was the band I play in it ,I'm nominated for this too ).
    That's surprising for me that I can make it happen .
    And I'm Surprise that our of pressure I'm much more successful and our of school have much better chance .

Today is one year and this year had a lot of up and down .
    Thanks for Talkbass and of course members of it that helped me and guide me .
    Thanks for your support and have a great time .:bassist::bassist::bassist::hyper:

nixdad, Mushroo, J_Bass and 12 others like this.
  2. Congratulations on your nominations.
    Sounds like it's been kind of an up and down year, but you are finishing on top and that's what matters. :thumbsup:

3. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I've been following and replying to your threads about your struggles with the music school you went to and especially your bass "teacher" there.

Great to hear you finally managed to get over it, move on, and that you now are enjoying some success upon all that crap you had to take and go through.

You deserve it. :thumbsup:

Congratulations. :hyper:

Hopefully your nominations will be a source for your former bass teacher to take his teaching methods and treatment of you into revision too, probably not though sadly, cause he sure does sound like a lost case as far as his skills as teacher and human being as such goes, but one can always hope it'll be his wake up call.

Sorry if I ruin the positive vibe of this thread, but it bothers me greatly on a personal level how a man who apparently abuse his authority as a teacher to nurture his own screwed up self esteem by picking on and ridiculing his students instead of doing his job by showing a good example, motivating and teaching his students something worthwhile can still keep his job.

If I was the principle of that school that man had been fired long ago.

No matter how good a player he might be, he obviously is a failure as teacher.

I went to a public school where half of the teachers would be like that, and my grades improved so much when I got to high school where the teachers actually concentrated on doing their job instead of doing anything in their power to demotivate the students to learn anything.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    @wishforbass I was just thinking about you, wondering what had happened. I’m glad to hear you are doing well. Congratulations!

wishforbass likes this.
  5. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations! All this after just one year! Good thing you didn't quit.

wishforbass and Stumbo like this.
  6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    No need to wish any longer. You are a bass player. And a nominated one at that.

Good luck!