1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

10,000 Days

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by txpitdog, Apr 19, 2006.

1. txpitdog

txpitdog

Jan 1, 2006
    The new Tool album is beautiful. As with the others, its completely different from those before it. Well worth the purchase on May 2nd.

2. :confused: ...and how does this relate to "basses?"

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    justin chancellor is a very talented bass player, there basses. haha

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wal basses are nice.

There.

heh

5. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    +1 seems like the wrong forum to me.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It is the wrong forum. Tsk tsk.

Apparently Tool doesnt have the brightest fans ;) (Im a tool fan...)

7. and how would you know that it's beautiful since it doesn't come out until the 2nd?

8. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Doesn't sound much different than their old material, after listening to Vicarious - and I'm a Tool listener, but not impressed with that particular leak track.

Funny. Wrong forum, but we're responding anyway.

9. I'm not responding.

....oh, wait...

10. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    When you said, "10,000 Days" I thought you were talking about the waiting period for a Roscoe!

;)

11. duncbass

duncbass

Dec 28, 2003
    It's the waiting period for a Wal

12. listening to it now :ninja: ...A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. the best band around right now and probably the past 10-15 years

13. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    vicarious is definitely the weakest song on the cd. i think "Jambi" and "Rosetta Stoned" are my faves.

14. Rapscallion2112

Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    Detroit
    agreed.

i was impressed by Maynard's vocals on "The Pot," not like tool to do something like that....but it was cool to see a change of pace on this album. They're a little older, a little smarter...its showing in their work....from the pissed off Maynard and back up thrash band on "Opiate" to the experianced mucians on "10,000 Days"

15. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    where have you guys heard these other songs from the new album?

16. The whole album's out there doing the rounds on the various torrent trackers... obviously a studio leak or something.

I'm being a good boy and waiting to buy it in the shops. :D I spoilt Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime II for myself by downloading it a month before release, and I don't want to do it with 10KD.

17. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I got the boot 3 days ago, the weird thing is, I have two different copies... one just seems to be rare tool b-sides and stuff that never made it to cd's and the other is the actual new release.

In any event, it's a good album for sure, but I'm not quite sure how to judge it yet.

Peace
    -Benny

18. Hey, Opiate was a great album. One of my favourites.

19. I heard vicarious or whatever it's called. Nothing too special, sounds like it could have been on Lateralus. Not really a big deal, but after three or so years of wait time, I was expecting something more. I'll still buy the album, though.
    -Alex

20. Listening to it now... wow.