1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

10,000 Days

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Apr 29, 2006.

1. so i got the new Tool album today (shhhhh doesnt hit shelves till tuesday). Im no metalhead, and im not the average Tool fan (think about this, i bought the tool album and an alman brothers greatest hits CD at the same time) but damn if this isnt a great album

2. I should get my copy on friday ( with the new RHCP album :hyper: ) . btw there's already a thread in recordings about 10,000 Days.

3. I heard it a few days ago. I wasn't that crazy about it. I only really liked 2 songs.

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I scored me a copy about a week ago. Good album start to finish. It's really jammy and they don't have all the pointless random noise tracks as previous albums. Not really agressive or heavy, seems they wanted to jam out more. Takes a few listens before you start to apperciate it.

I wish Tool would work together more and stop taking 6 years to release one album.

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

It was softer than I expected, but I loevd it

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    There are so many threads about this already

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I agree, but I'd also rather have a band take the time and produce a quality album that will be timeless rather than crap out a few good singles and some filler. Of course, there's just being an anal pefectionist too and not releasing an album for an entire decade. *cough*Boston*cough*

8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Not the best, but pretty good.

I'd rank it third behind Lateralus and Undertow.

9. i agree, lateralus would rank higher, but i do like how (everone has said this) its more melodic and less random noise...

10. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Here's why I'm falling out of love with Tool: The best part of that band is Maynard (the singer) and his awesome singing style. This new record seems like an instrumental "jam" album...with a few choice spots of singing on it. There's maybe 2 songs that are actually "real" songs. I mean commecial type songs where there is a verse/chorus type structure. Like they did on Undertow and Opiate. Now-a-days they don't utilize Maynard...like he's a tamborine or morracas...just put him in in small places. bah!!! SING Dammit! If I want to hear a Jam band I'll go find a Phish record!

EDIT***Ok...I take back everything I just said. Sorry! Apparently, my buddy downloaded the new "TOOL" record and those weren't the real Tool songs. They are some other copycat bands crappy songs. they do have a really Tool-ish feel to them, but they are as I stated up above. Even thier singer sounds alot like Maynard, when he does sing. I'll just go BUY the record like I'm supposed to! hahah

11. steve21

steve21 Banned

^ That sucks, lol.

Who else found The Pot to be a total chill the first time you heard it?

12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    The Pot is probably the best song on there, but when I first heard the first 5 seconds I was really surprised.

13. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    I didnt buy it, I just downloaded it illegally and saved about $12.

Saved another $12.00 by illegally downloading the new Godsmack also.

That $24.00 saved will go to pay for the $3.00 a gallon gas prices.

I will however go buy the new RHCP!!

14. Thats not a very smart thing to advertise on a public forum. Just incase you were wondering.