1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

10-band eq pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dragoon419, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Hey.

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a 10-band eq pedal for bass?

Thanks.

2. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    What's wrong with the MXR 10-band? The lowest slider is centred near 31Hz, which is the low-B on a five string, and it goes all the way up to 16kHz.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep, MXR.

4. byoc? it maybe 7 band......

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    ^No they have a 10 band now.

6. Dess

Dess

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Boss EQ-20, it's 10 band as well. To me, i think it's really good for bass.

7. I thought the MXR was for guitar. Well, if it works for bass than I'll try one out.

8. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    It is optimally suited for bass and guitar, as it goes down to 31Hz. It will do you fine.

9. i can vouch for the MXR, I had one and it rocked, but I didnt use it anymore so I sold it. great great pedal though :)

10. I have to ask.....and this not flaming or anything like that (from reading other threads it seems like things are a little testy on TB tonight) but what does a pedal EQ gain you that the EQ on your bass, head and maybe preamp can't get you? If you are playing in a noisy venue is the gain from a pedal EQ even noticeable?

Just asking. :bag:

11. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    First thing you need to do is calm the #!&% down. You're flipping out, and it's really not making you look good at all. Then you should reread the forums rules, specifically #1 - Respect. Learn some manners, you flamer. Rude.

;)

12. HA! :D

13. Whoa dude he laughed in your face bro. You got served.

:bag:

14. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just wait until davidmwilson gets word of this! He's gonna be so angry with you, mister!

15. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    One use of an EQ pedal is to put it in the loop of a loop or blend pedal to compensate for the effects. Or as an effect itself. One example is to send only the highs to an effect on a blender loop.

16. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    If it doesn't say "bass" on it, don't assume it's only for guitar.

Most pedals can work equally well on both instruments. All EQ pedals will work on bass just fine; you just might not like what frequencies can be boosted or cut with a particular pedal.

What's important in the case of EQ pedals are the frequency centers. "Bass" EQ pedals simply tend to pick frequency centers for the sliders that are more popularly adjusted by bassists. When you only have a few sliders to work with, the chosen frequencies are important - after all, does a bassist really need 4 or 5 bands of control in the high treble range? :D

But once you get past 7 bands of equalization, you'll find that bass-tailored EQs cease to exist. When you have such a wide range of EQ sliders at your disposal, you can use that pedal for practically any instrument. ;)

17. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    +1 to the MXR. something worth noting is that it runs on 18V which gives it a lot of headroom, making it very well suited to bass applications.

JR

18. Well the eq pedal for me was to put in a loop with some other effects that took out some bass, so i could put some back in there. i would also use it as an effect sometimes, to get an instant slap sound or mid hump boost. but again i didnt really use it anymore so i sold it. the one advantage i found was that you could target specific frequencies with it (not just bass, mid, treble)