1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

10 Bucks worth of Sharpies + 1 room + and A really bored guy =

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AlphaMale, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I didn't expect something so tastefully done! My rusults would have been varied :)

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Thats cool!

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thanks for that, very cool. He's a lawyer W T F. Don't know many lawyers that smart or talented.

4. Very talented and unique

5. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    trompe l'oeil--it's his take on a historical french technique

he did a nice job, i like the freehand quality of the lines, but i'm really not a fan of the idea in such a literal form:)

6. KsToaDangr

KsToaDangr Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    a fake fireplace across from a real one? that's so good, it should have been mine.

7. If I did it, it would have been stick figures with clubs and knives :p

8. That takes a LOT of talent! Great stuff!

9. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    lol, he drew on his trash can to make it look like R2D2. Its in the corner past the steps. That is pretty cool.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Incredible.

11. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    i expected the scrawlings of a lunatic. This is really great stuff.

12. +1

13. Whoa! Quite a talented artist and very original too...

14. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    Theres actually two Haha

15. I really like the long hallway next to the corner. It really adds a sense of some extra space.

16. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Some time back, my wife wanted to convert our garage into a party room. One of the decorating ideas I was kind of frightened of was that she wanted to include some great paintings...by painting them directly on the wall and then hanging an empty frame over them.

To start: Get an overhead projector, project the painting in question in the place that you want it. Then trace out the more important lines lightly in pencil. Then take away the projector and act like it's a paint-by-numbers. When the painting is done. Hang an empty picture frame over it so that it occupies the same space as the painting. Don't forget to paint the nail.

We had picked Van Gogh's Starry Night, Munch's The Scream, and the Mona Lisa. None ever made it to the wall. But somewhere we still have the Starry Night that she did for practice on a pice of wood scrap.

17. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    If he hadn't colored the pool table felt black, it would have only taken $3 worth of sharpies... :eyebrow:

18. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Amazing!

19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Box of sharpies, big bag of blow, 6 hours...DONE!!!