10 Different basses demoed!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NickiTedesco, Sep 28, 2018.

1. P Bass

26.9%
  2. Jazz Bass

26.9%
  3. Mitchell FB700

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ibanez

3.8%
  5. Stingray

15.4%
  6. Rickenbacker

15.4%
  7. Spector TW35

5.8%
  8. Spector Euro 4LX

26.9%
  9. King Double Bass

3.8%
  10. Mitchell TB500

1.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NickiTedesco

NickiTedesco

May 16, 2012
    The Strands LA
    Endorsed by: Spector Bass, Ampeg Amps, D'Addario and Planet Waves
    Hello! Thank you! My next Mitchell bass review will be on the FB700 which is a 5 string, but it's more of a fusion style bass, not a P bass. Stay tuned I MAY be able to get my hands on a 505! Thanks for the input!

Bass Man Dan likes this.
  2. NickiTedesco

NickiTedesco

May 16, 2012
    The Strands LA
    Those basses are all kick ass! Even though the Stingray is so specific, it's still just a one of a kind sound and feel!

GTHintz likes this.
  3. NickiTedesco

NickiTedesco

May 16, 2012
    The Strands LA
    The classics!

wizard65 likes this.
  4. NickiTedesco

NickiTedesco

May 16, 2012
    The Strands LA
    The Mitchell is surprisingly great sounding! Yes, that could be my VST set up as I have it very personalized for the tones that I want and it's basically set up for one bass and then when I'm recording I tweak it if needed, which I did not do for this video, we were just blowing through basses (it took hours! lol).
    Also, yes the Rick LOOKS incredible, but it is uncomfortable and I don't like the finish. I'm about to have it modified so I can get a better sound out of it. Any suggestions on pickup configurations?

Crystalman85 likes this.
  5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have been wondering how the Mitchell tb500 sounded. It seem to sound pretty decent. In a way, they do kinda remind me of the Yamaha bb basses. Speaking of which, I was thinking about getting the bb435. I've been curious about that bass for quite sometime. Especially since I'm in the market for a passive bass. Anything Yamaha makes, I would like. If you're interested in trying out a different bass, check out the Yamaha bb basses or the trbx basses. I currently own a trbx305 and it sounds awesome.

6. Ossian

Ossian

Dec 23, 2017
    Sweden
    Frankenjazz, 4lx, Mitchel tb500 gets my vote here.

7. The TW35 and the 'Ray won that for me. My main two are a Warwick Corvettes. A 6'er kept in standard and a 4 for drop tunings.

8. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    I love specific and unique in bass tone. I never really wanted to sound like that vroomy thud thud sound. The way the sting ray and the Spector especially cut through and growl it's what I love. And I love almost every Ric I've ever heard. Thanks to hearing Geddy Lee playing one and getting such a thick heavy ass tone I've fell in love.

9. IKR?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021