Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

10 dots per pick-up??????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cliff harris, Jan 11, 2004.

1. cliff harris

cliff harris

Jul 18, 2003
    Lima, Peru
    Hi there TB´ers!!!!!!

Just 1 quick question. i just got a 5 string and my pick-ups have 10 of those lil´metal dots (2 dots per string). is this better than 1 dot per string or worse???? and what r those thingys exactly for?? better output or somethin´?????? dunno...

Thanks in advance!!!

Up the Irons!!!!!!!! :bassist:

2. The "Little metal dots" are actually the Pole peices(Magnets that pick up your strings movement) My guess is that you've got Jazz bass pickups in there...It's (to me) designed to be a slightly thinner, but more mid rangey sound...lotsa growl but still a good prominent thump...Not necessarily better but it's a different approach...It's kinda my style, but my style is "whatever sounds good" not "Jazz basses rule" or "Jazz basses suck" "or Sting Rays are the only way to thump" If it'll get me the sound I like, It's what I want.

If the bass gets you the sound you're after...Then it's what you need to use...

Peace
    DWB

3. cliff harris

cliff harris

Jul 18, 2003
    Lima, Peru
    Thanks!!!!!! great replies! oh, and please would you check my post on the Basses (BG) forum??? pretty please! got a question there that maybe you can answer.

Up the Irons!!!!!!! :bassist: