1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

10 Random Questions

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by unrealworld82, Sep 14, 2008.

1. unrealworld82

unrealworld82

Aug 18, 2008
    JMJ!

So I guess this is a list of my top questions I could possibly ask you. Just thought I'd put em all in a single thread. Sorry they are random.

Feel free to answer some, all, or none - I won't be offended either way!

1. I admit to being a new fan of your playing, what (specific albums) of your prior work to NIN would you recommend to me as such?

2. Could you briefly describe your effects set up for "The Warning"

3. What type of sampler is Ally Cortini using?

4. You and Trent both have Novation 25 key controllers on stage, could you say what synth/soft-synth they are connected to?

5. Ever do any stereo effects on bass? Using any currently?

6. I think strings are critically important - whats your brand/gauge?

7. What all (as far as yourself, combined with the other band members) comes to your in-ears?

8. What's under the stage?

9. Its floating around that James Cameron might film a 3-D movie of the next US leg of the LITS tour, any confirmation or more info?

10. Really curious about the Atlantic City stripped-down show. Anything you can share?

Thanks Justin! :bassist:

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005

3. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    So mysterious....and I like it that way

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Wow, very tight-lipped. At least now we know if Justin's ever held prisoner and tortured to get him to tell national defense secrets, we can trust him.

Trust me...there's nothing in the NIN show's equipment that can't be duplicated by anyone with a 7-figure budget, a handful of technical guys, and a band with unlimited creativity and a fearless willingness to try new stuff. Totally lets me out of the equation, but maybe there's hope for one or two of you.

:bassist:

5. rdpete

rdpete

Jun 20, 2008
    MN
    Question 11.

How does Trent & band feel about The Meathead Perspective?

6. bassybass

bassybass Guest

Mar 29, 2008

7. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I did "I Hope", yes. I didn't play on every Chicks track, maybe seven.

8. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    That is some fine 'n greasy soulful playing on that track, JMJ!

9. unrealworld82

unrealworld82

Aug 18, 2008
    Cool - man I'll have to check out those bands, sounds cool. My wife has that Dixie Chicks CD and I have to say its pretty good.

I understand the need for secrecy : )