Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

10" specs, which would be best

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by axxtion, Jan 30, 2006.

1. axxtion

axxtion

Jan 21, 2006
    Disneyland, CA
    • Power Handling: 450 watts RMS
    • Frequency Response: 29Hz - 1kHz
    • Efficiency: 92.3 dB
    • Single 4 Ohm

10" Aluminum Cone
    1200W max input power (400W RMS)
    4 ohm Voice Coil
    Sensitivity -- 88 dB/W/m
    Frequency Response 18 - 2,800 Hz

• Single 4-ohm Voice Coil
    • Frequency response: 25-2,800 Hz
    • Power range: 40-350 watts RMS
    • Peak power handling: 900 watts
    • Sensitivity: 88 dB

• Frequency response: 18-2,500 Hz
    • Power range: 80-300 watts RMS
    • Peak power handling: 1100 watts
    • Sensitivity: 88 dB

What speaker do you think would be best. There is no speaker cab. I own a machine shop and make stuff for Nissan and TRD. I also write cnc machine programs for a job shop that builds cabs for JBL, Radian, Accugroove, etc. I can have them build any cab i want. Criteria is a 2 x 10 with horns that can handle a GK1001rbII.

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    There are lots more specs than you hav quoted, but I'd say the last 3 are subwoofers and not sensitive enough to make much volume. The frequency responses listed are a dream; if they go that low, I can assure you they don't go that high; most subs die at 200-400hz.

The first one supposedly goes from 29 - 1k; if that is accurate you would need to cross your horn in pretty low; I doubt it would survive.

These smell like car audio subs, which do a fine job in a very specific application, but that application isn't bass guitar. I wouldn't waste your money.

3. None of the above.

Use my spread sheet to find 10" drivers that suit your needs.