100 Best Electric bassists of all time...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Caeros, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    I've noticed a lot of guitarist lists come up all the time, usually innacurate, but never lists of bass players. I know many people don't seem to care about this kinda thing, but as a bassist, I (and I'm sure many other players) have wanted to see a list like this come into existence. I think through some process (by voting or something, anyone wanna help me with this?) We could come up with our own fairly deep AND realistic list of the 100 greatest electric bassists. (I'm excluding upright players because they clearly deserve a list all their own.)
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, bassists are smarter than guitarists....

...and we know such lists are useless. ;)
  3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Didn't Bassplayer mag. do this not to long ago? :confused: Yes, their list was pretty useless....:rolleyes:
  4. Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    They did? I never saw that issue...
  5. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I say CAN the word BEST and replace it with
    INFLUENTIAL. That would make for a much less heated debate.

Helpful to expose some unsung heros...yes

i want to be like jmx when i grow up

6. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    They did 2-3 years back. In the infamous Timmy C article a month or two ago, it was mentioned that he was still bitter about the fact that he couldn't find his name on the list. All he saw was (according to him)a bunch of knuckleheads.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    #1-99: me

#100 Carol Kaye :p
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :meh: I'm an artist... I create music.

If'n you want to rate something, try football... lots of stats, lots of hard facts to judge. Team against team, Player against player, Winner against loser or Winner against winner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.