Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

100 bucks on the line

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    my dad says that is if get straight A's by June, he'll gvve me 100 bucks....
    the problem is...
    my grades right now...:meh:
    Java-D
    English-B
    Geometry-A
    Biology-C

i have i have about 3 months.... i hope i could do it...

im trying to save up for a wireless system and that would put me really close to it

bp13

2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    *Rob Schnider voice on*

YOU CAN DO IT

*Rob Schnider voice off*

3. you'll never make it. give up now and have fun.

4. You oughta hold out for a Sadowsky or something.

5. :D:D HAHAHAHA :D:D

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You , my friend, are the MAN! Wonder where it went, he probably DELETED it after I called him a punk for telling Dude to "shut the hell up" for telling him to do his school.

7. did you ever hear the story the little engine that could. well, you could do it. you could do it. will take lots and lots of studying. however, you can do it. keep telling yourself that. and if you wind up not getting all A's, however, your grades raise tremendously, hey, you still came out ahead. does not seem you have to far to go to get those A's. okay, now, repeat after me.
    I CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT. :D

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Of course you can do it. There's nothing stopping you.

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Thats what I was thinking.

Try to haggle - "Daddy, if I up each subject a grade can I have $50 please? I feel that if I work too hard Ill strain my head and fail them all"

Could work?

10. Wow times change, your dad "I will give you 100 bucks if you get straight A's"
    My dad "You will get an arse kicking if you don't get straight A's"

11. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    same here. i was forced to not get my drivers license for 6 months after my 16th birthday because i got a 3.3 for one semester. apparently that constituted 'severe slacking' for me. graduated high honors with a 3.9 :rolleyes: now rocking a 3.005 at UW. :(

moral of the story - deliberatly do very average in elementary school, slightly better in junior high, and then start kicking ass in high school. your parents will crap their pants and give you money. :bassist:

oh, and i think parents do that kind of thing because they're pretty sure you can't do it. it makes you work harder and get BETTER grades, so they're willing to take the risk i guess.

12. You are a great parent!

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    w00t! :bassist: words to live by; slack now, it'll be easier to impress them later

14. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Umm.. What's Java? Some sort of coffee? The programming language? Something to do with math? :confused:

I really have no idea.

15. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You got grades???? We didn't even have schools. We had this one drunk and homeless guy who we would go talk to once a year, for 3 hours, to get educated. We had to walk 20 miles, in the snow, uphill, (both ways), carrying all the books we wanted him to tell us about, plus, bushels of vegetables from the farm that we should have been working at that day. We didn't have shoes or clothes and were normally frostbitten by the time we got back, because of the snow right, and then would get severe sunburns from working in the farms once we got back. And we didn't have no fancy radios to listen to. We had this one "special" kid from the neighborhood who would stick his head in a box and scream all day long, "la la la la la!".

And we liked it.

16. Ditto.

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm putting my 100 bucks on it being about the programming language

18. Whoopie, I have the same story except my parents would wrap are bare feet with barbed wire so we wouldn't slip on the ice.
    :eek:

19. Go for it. It's (almost) free money.

I tried to get my parents to give me $1 for every point that was on my report card. That would be $654. For some reason they didn't like that idea. :confused:

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I wouldn't even try it for less than $500. I can't do nothin' with no stinking $100. Besides, think about how much effort that would take.