100 vs 300 (more tube talk!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Dammit Nil, you've got me going now!

2. Hey nil, I wuz looking at your website, and I think I know you from a few years back. Your name rings a bell. Mebbe it wuz from when I worked at Harborne and Arthur, or it may be further back. Dammit, now I'm really scratching....

3. Is the 810E sealed? Because if it is, that's the tone I'm after. So those HLF cabs probably wouldn't do it. But then if I went with sealed 410s...I'd have to get 2 so the resistance matches up. aaaaaah! It's so haaaaaaaard! lol.

4. Yup, the 810E is sealed...actually it's made up of 4 individually sealed 2x10's.

The HLF/HLNs do kick arse, but do lose midrange punch by comparison.

Marty, our paths may have crossed @ H&A...all I know is that I regret not picking up that Matchless Thunderman that was going stupid cheap when the Ponsonby store closed down...

5. Hmm...*brain explodes* It's now come down to what's going to be available in about a month's time on the internet for cabs. I'm thinking 810 now, despite the weight and fridge-ness. It's got that tone. It's also substantially less expensive used than 2 used 410s from what I see. So expense outweighs (pardon the pun ;)) the...weight. I think.

6. I'm waiting for the new SWR 212 and 412 cabs without horns. Should be interesting.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021