Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

100 watt bass amp- how much

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metallica_fan, Dec 5, 2003.

1. metallica_fan

metallica_fan

Dec 5, 2003
    ireland
    i was wondering how much a 100 watt bass amp,solid state, 1x15 inch speaker equipped second hand should cost.

i got one recently and i think its great but i've never played any other bass through any other amp. it's by a make called century and i've never found anything on that company.

if anyone has ever seen or heard of century before could yee tell me about them

it has 4 settings on a "para-filter" thing on it that radically change the sound.

it has a treble and bass settings

it has 2 inputs , high and low

i bought it off an amp repair guy and he had put a new speaker into it and fixed up all the problems in the amp section. the only niggle i have with it is that its knobs are scratchy.

it also sounds class when you play a guitar through it.

so how much should i have paid for it.
    i live in ireland and i paid in euros.

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    whey hey!!!! another irish bass player!!
    Sorry cant help with your amp.

3. metallica_fan

metallica_fan

Dec 5, 2003
    ireland
    so now one knows how much an 100watt combo should cost second hand?
    :confused:

4. I'd be reluctant to guess about equipment in Ireland. But here in the US, I would guess $150 for a second-hand, obscure brand 100 watt combo. You can buy a brand-new 100 watt combo, well-known brand, with a warranty for around $350 or less. Used should be half (or less) of new. But then again, I'm a cheap SOB.

I don't remember the euro to dollar conversion rate, sorry. I'm sure the limited equipment availability in Ireland will mean higher prices.

5. hi mettalica
    i am in somerset
    i have been looking through the market at ashdown new...130W 15" about £350
    so i reckon a shop will be selling its second hand for a lot less depending on the make
    my guess is 180-200 for a good combo
    been browsing the shops over here but cant pin one down...laney go cheap..cheap :)..
    carlsboro at the singing chicken :)

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I bought my Ampeg B100r (100 watt combo) for $200 used, but it was a great deal, so i would say around $300- $350?

7. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    I would say second hand a 100w combo would cost around 150-200 pounds, thats like 250-300 euros (i think)

8. peavey tk115
    [​IMG]
    6 days to go as of this post time and date:)
    ebay uk current bid £95:cool: