Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

100 watt combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CRazY baSsISt, Dec 23, 2000.

1. CRazY baSsISt

CRazY baSsISt

Aug 30, 2000
    I need a new amp in the $400us range.I was lookin at the ampeg ba-115 and some yorkville 100watt amp for $400.Ive been playin almost 1year i like to play red hot chili peppers and heavy metal.I need a amp that a 12 year can afford.It needs to be under $450us for sure.

thanks

2. I wish you were closer to me because i have a combo 115 that I want to sell in that price range...it is 210 watts and does pretty well...it is 300 watts if you add a 4 ohm cabinet...

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Ive got the BA-115.Highly recomended!

4. Jim, where are you, cause i'd like that 115 combo.. how much u asking?

5. SWR Workingman's 12, good little amp, I used one when my Genz-Benz amp crapped out on my for a little while.

6. I say go for hartke. I bought a 90 watt hartke combo for $290 and i love that amp. They have some higher models with more watts with the money in your price range. check it out at http://www.music123.com
    I love the tone i can get out of my hartke. Its a nice, punchy, low end kinda sound.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    SWR Workingman's 12 is good. Stay away from Yorkville. Hartke's good too.