100 watts or so for under 350?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by all_your_bass, Sep 26, 2004.

1. all_your_bass

Jul 20, 2004
    I've got a little 35 watt amp and I'm looking for something that I can actually hear in a band setting which I figure should be 100-120 watts or so, all for 300-350 dollars. So far I've liked the Fender Rumble 100 which I can get for only 300, but I've heard mention of Yorkville amps being better for that price range. Basically, what should I get for this price range? The Fender? A Yorkville? Something else?
  2. bige2002

bige2002 Guest

Sep 15, 2004
    Milton, West Virginia
    Try Behringer. I got their 120 watt amp and I'm fairly certain it's in your price range. The amp sounds great, has active and passive inputs, megabass, tape in and out and plenty of other features. I've never heard a Yorkville or Fender Rumble in action, but I know I like how the Behringer 120 sounds.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    (I've got an Ashdown Mag series 1x12 200watt combo I'd ship within the continental USA for $350)

4. I own the Fender Rumble 100, and I would have to say its a great value. It holds up between 2 guitarists ( both using 100 watt crate combos) and a loud drummer. Plus those lights on the bottom are really cool. Pretty sturdy aswell, fell off stage the other day and it still works perfect, barely an cosmetic damage too.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Used Ampeg B100r. Nicest sounding 100 watt amp ive heard so far. Nice vintage sound.
  6. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    my advice would be to take james up on his offer...
  7. all_your_bass

Jul 20, 2004
    Maybe if I can find a new one to play first, I don't want to buy an amp without hearing it.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    best advice came from yourself. you need to check out what you can and see what fits.