1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1000 watts of Ampeg SVT goodness! Brand-new SVT 7 Pro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by soulstew, Apr 30, 2018.

1. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Price:
    $499
    The short version: brand-new, factory fresh 1,000 watt tube/class D hybrid Ampeg SVT 7 Pro head. These currently sell for $799 new from the usual online merchants: ampeg svt 7 pro - Google Search
    This brand new one is available for $499 ($300 below current street price.) Shipping to CONUS included. Paypal OK.

Here are specs and features from Ampeg's site: Ampeg: Pro Series - SVT-7PRO

The longer version: This is a brand new replacement for a floor model I bought from a local dealer. The floor model turned out to have a problem with the master volume pot, and they ended up ordering a brand new replacement.

The dealer kept the box to ship the defective unit in, but I have the rack ears and associated hardware, unused power cable, manual, etc.

For those interested in the revision number, I removed the lid and photographed the revision number of the main board and documented that it indeed does have the latest version of the ICE chip. The head itself is revision C, the board is revision H, and the ICE chip is the 2A265 (pics below). I also plugged the head in and tested it to make sure there were no issues.

You will not find o better price out there for a brand new unit. Even refurbs go for $599 on ebay.

upload_2018-4-30_13-56-55-jpeg.jpg
    upload_2018-4-30_13-57-57-jpeg.jpg
    upload_2018-4-30_13-58-21-jpeg.jpg
    upload_2018-4-30_13-57-27-jpeg.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Tempted, very tempted...

3. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Come on in, water's fine:)

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Where in ND are you located?

5. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Grand Forks. I'm in the Fargo area pretty regularly these days, though.

6. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Price dropped to $559 shipped CONUS.

That Coyote likes this.
  7. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    bass40hz likes this.
  8. lowmid1

lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I have the same rev board and chip. Rock solid! No issues and great tone. Not one hiccup in 2 years! GLWTS

soulstew likes this.
  9. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Glad to hear it, and thanks for spreading the good word:) I'm a little surprised it's still here, but there's a ton of great gear for sale right now, so it might take some time.

In the meantime, I've been playing through it a bit every morning, and the combination of classic SVT tone and 1000-watt slam could quickly become addictive.

10. Curious..ship outside USA to N.S. Canada? extra shiping cost of course

11. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    I’ve never shipped to Canada, but would happily do so if you’re willing to cover the extra cost. I live an hours drive from the border and grew up listening to CBC

Laurie Bass likes this.
  12. Jackcrow

Jackcrow Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    You must have bought the one from Poplars

13. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    P
    i did, but that one had a problem, so they replaced it with a brand new one:)

14. Jackcrow

Jackcrow Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    Nice! I was really considering buying that one for a while. Wouldn’t mind comparing it to my Mesa D800