Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1001rb-II enough power?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, May 18, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    well im in the midst of saving up for a new amp and was looking at possibly getting a 1001rb-II with a 410rbh cab. well my question was if i were to later add on a 115rbh cab with the 410rbh cab will the 1001rb-II be enough to power the cabs when bridged? and does anyone have this setup? if so how do you like it? just curious but i am ultimately going to try it out and look into it more myself.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, that would be plenty powerful. I have the 1001RB mk1, and it has been enough for any gig I have ever played. Anything beyond, and you better have proper PA!

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I'm getting a 1001RB 2X10 combo in a few weeks. Bass Player said the head was very loud.

I'm listening to Duff's 2001RB right now on MTV (Velvet Revolver). Super sweet :bassist: !!!

BTW: Riksmusic.com has the best GK prices on the net.

4. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    yeah i know but im actually gonna bring that quote just to my local guitar center since i hear they will meet anyones prices. that way i don't have to wait for shipping because that would be unbareable. but great to hear of the 1001rb-II being able to have enough power to power a 410rbh and 115rbh although i wont get the 15rbh until way later. i just was curious because i didnt want to find out down the road that i would have to upgrade my head to be able to power both cabs and have all that money go down the tube. plus i prefer the 1001rb_II over the 2001rb because its lighter and just a lot more cheaper. plus i may look into getting the GK diesel dawg pedal.

5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Bad News: I'm not sure if Guitar Center will match Rik's price since it's not a posted price. You have to email or call them to get the quote.

Good News: Rik'sMusic ships free!!!!!!!!!

Their prices rule!!

1001RB 2X10 combo
    $1270 at MF
    $1050 at Riks

6. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    oh yeah i know i've already gotten a quote through e-mail. but i remmeber seeing online that someone said you can bring the quote to guitar center and they'll honor it and you can get it for that same price there. plus i got a friend that works there so maybe he can help work something out as well. but hey even if that doesn't work i guess i can just order from riksmusic.com site.

7. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I have a GK 1001 its rated 540 at 4 ohms and I use it with a 2x12 and 2x10 cab and its way loud enough to compete with the two Marshall playing guitarists in my band.

8. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Before I got my GK rig I played thru a 1001RB with a 4x10RBH and a 1x15RBH bottom, now I own a 1001RB 2x10 combo with a 1x15RBH cab. It's loud and clear. Iv'e played outdoor gigs in wide open areas withouit turning up more than half way. With the new head (which is on my gas list) it should sound even better!.

9. gfunk 121

gfunk 121

Apr 16, 2004
    i did the same thing i got the quote from riks and then i took it in to guitarcenter , they were giving me ****!!!!! they can match the price but you still have to pay taxes and **** so its better if you go with riks no taxes no shipping!!! i got a gk2001 rb from them i paid 1050 which is like 400 more then the 1001 rb and its 1080 watts so its worth to ad another few hundreds and get an amp that has the power big time

10. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    the only reason i kind of don't want to deal through riksmusic is because what if i get a lemon my some small chance. i don't want to have to deal with shipping it back out to get a brand new one.

11. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    also forgot to mention are you recommending me to get a 2001rb head over the 1001rb-II? i was looking at the 1001rb-II head because its cheaper, lighter weight, has a suffient amount of power i think since ill be playing small to medium size venues, and if i happen to play anything bigger i can just mic my amp. would you still suggest i check out the 2001rb head though?

12. gfunk 121

gfunk 121

Apr 16, 2004
    the reason while i didnt go with the 1001 rb because i found some reviews online and everyone said that they had some problem with it and gk's customer support sucks..so then i considered buying a gk 2001rb which was a few hundred $ more but i mwas like its a **** loads of power..so i picked up a 410 rbh cabinet for 500 and i ordered the amp from riks i got in 3 days so far no problem..there is a 410 rbh on ebay right now so far i think its 480$..i got a flea bass so i wanted to go with the 2001rb its a great match this rig is a killer...but its heavier than the 1001 by 20 lb at least good luck man

13. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    how much power does the 2001rb deliver into just one 410rbh cab? also i thought the problems people had were with the 1001rb head and i think they fixed the problem for the 1001rb-II heads. from what i heard nobody had any problems with the the mrk II heads.

14. gfunk 121

gfunk 121

Apr 16, 2004
    it could deliver 540 +50 or it could deliver 1080 but dont forgett the 410 can only handle 800 so its not a good thing to push 1000 watts in it!!!