Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1001RB (mk1) with an SBX115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JAL, Feb 26, 2006.

1. JAL

JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    hey all. just got an SBX115, and have paired it with my 1001rb 210 combo. Sounds positively insane. :-D

I was just wondering if anyone else uses/ has used this pairing, and if they enjoyed it as much as I do?
    thanks.

2. KISSPGAP

KISSPGAP

Feb 28, 2006
    I haven't used the combo YET but I have an 800RB head and I am seriously considering purchasing an AMPEG 4x10 and 1x15--both SBX. Got anymore details on your sound and hookup? I was considering GK cabs but read some awful reviews and I once jammed through the AMPEG coffin and it was monstorous. Does your cab fit in a car?

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I run a 1001RB-II with a 410SBX and 115SBX-II, and I love it. By far the best sounding rig I've ever owned. A lot more versatile then I would have thought. I am considering adding a 210SBX-II and running a Fusion 550 or 800RB when I get the money, so I would have 2 separate rigs.

4. KISSPGAP

KISSPGAP

Feb 28, 2006
    Sorry, I dizzed out. I meant to say I was going to purchase the Ampeg classics or GK SBXs. I went with the Ampeg cabs 1x15 & 4x10. Do you use GK cabs? Either way, what configuration do you have? Do you use effects? I was trying to find the bes tway to hool up my stuff to my GK head.